COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2. Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes are at higher risk for developing more serious complications. Syndicated World News keeps you up to date on the latest Covid-19 news, unbiased reliable information.
CDC Online Newsroom Welcome to the CDC Online Newsroom, a one-stop source for journalists seeking public health information. Global media and the general public can access current and archived press releases, media advis
- CDC estimates 1 in 5 people in the U.S. have a sexually transmitted infectionby firstname.lastname@example.org on Jan 25, 2021 at 2:00 pm
New data published by the CDC estimate that on any given day in 2018, 1 in 5 people in the U.S. had a sexually transmitted infection (STI). The analyses, published in the journal <a href="https://journals.lww.com/stdjournal/Abstract/9000/Sexually_Transmitted_Infections_Among_US_Women_and.97758.aspx"><em>Sexually Transmitted Diseases</em></a>, show the burden of diagnosed and undiagnosed STIs in the U.S. and the estimated medical costs associated with STIs.
- Media Statement from CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, on Extending the Eviction Moratoriumby email@example.com on Jan 20, 2021 at 10:25 pm
Media Statement from CDC Director Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, on Extending the Eviction Moratorium.
- Media Statement from Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, CDC Director and ATSDR Administratorby firstname.lastname@example.org on Jan 20, 2021 at 2:25 pm
Today, Rochelle P. Walensky, MD, MPH, officially begins her post as the 19th director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the ninth administrator of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). U.S. President Joe Biden selected Dr. Walensky to lead the agency in December. Dr. Walensky comes to CDC from Massachusetts General Hospital, where she served as Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases from 2017-2020; and Harvard Medical School, where she served as Professor of Medicine from 2012-2020. Additional biographical information is available on the CDC website.
- CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement to All Air Passengers Entering the United Statesby email@example.com on Jan 12, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States.
- HHS Announces $22 Billion in Funding to Support Expanded Testing, Vaccination Distributionby firstname.lastname@example.org on Jan 7, 2021 at 12:00 am
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) today announced two upcoming actions by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide more than $22 billion in funding to states, localities, and territories in support of the nation’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as directed by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act.