- Future COVID-19 Relief Should Focus More on Childrenby Sarah Fecht on Jan 25, 2021 at 9:43 pm
A new report points out some of the ways children are getting left behind during COVID-19 and other disasters — and how we can do better.
- Pod of the Planet Ep. 13: Corruption, Migration and COVID-19by Kyu Lee on Jan 25, 2021 at 9:04 pm
In this episode we explore the toll COVID-19 has taken on migration and how corruption is making it that much worse for vulnerable groups.
- Report points to a new culprit behind the Great Lakes’ big, green, poop problemby Nathanael Johnson on Jan 25, 2021 at 8:23 pm
There’s something shellfishy about the algal blooms.
- Biden’s Inspiring and Aggressive COVID Response Planby Steve Cohen on Jan 25, 2021 at 1:18 pm
This test of the new administration and of our national character has now begun. We need to vaccinate, test, mask-up, continue to practice social distance, and do all we can to rid America and then the world of this terrible virus.
- Supercomputers Simulate 800,000 Years of California Earthquakes to Pinpoint Risksby Earth Institute on Jan 25, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Scientists are working to improve their calculations of earthquake danger by combining maps of known faults with the use of supercomputers to simulate potential shaking deep into the future in California.
- Should the US be next to declare a ‘climate emergency’?by Shannon Osaka on Jan 25, 2021 at 11:45 am
If Biden followed the example of 38 other countries, would it blaze a path to meaningful action, or just be an empty proclamation?
- This one number could change how the US handles climate changeby Emily Pontecorvo on Jan 25, 2021 at 11:30 am
Biden directed his agencies to recalculate the social cost of carbon, the amount it really costs to emit CO2.
- Electric car batteries with 5-minute charging times producedby Damian Carrington on Jan 24, 2021 at 11:30 am
first factory production means recharging could soon be as fast as filling up petrol or diesel vehicles.
- Here’s to a better 2021 — and an even better 2200by Chip Giller on Jan 23, 2021 at 2:09 pm
We’re inaugurating something, too.
- ‘No more broken treaties’: Indigenous leaders urge Biden to shut down Dakota Access pipelineby Nina Lakhani on Jan 23, 2021 at 11:30 am
Tribes and environmentalists hail decision to cancel Keystone XL pipeline but call on president to go further.
- Why Paris isn’t enoughby Shannon Osaka on Jan 22, 2021 at 9:52 pm
What’s Biden actually accomplished on climate? We’re keeping track.
- EWG News Roundup (1/22): Toxic Pesticides That President Biden Should Target, EPA Takes Initial Steps To Regulate PFAS and Moreby rcoleman on Jan 22, 2021 at 9:01 pm
- DuPont, Chemours and Corteva Reach $4 Billion Settlement on ‘Forever Chemicals’ Lawsuitsby rcoleman on Jan 22, 2021 at 7:42 pm
- EWG Applauds Biden’s Nomination of Richard Glick To Chair Federal Energy Regulatory Commissionby rcoleman on Jan 22, 2021 at 3:53 pm
- What the Biden Administration Should Do To Protect Children From Toxic Pesticidesby rcoleman on Jan 22, 2021 at 3:03 pm
- Increasing Numbers of U.S. Residents Live in High-Risk Wildfire and Flood Zones. Why?by Anuradha Varanasi on Jan 22, 2021 at 2:49 pm
A variety of factors conspire to put people and property in harm’s way.
- We need to build a lot of wind turbines. Will Americans agree to live near them?by Emily Pontecorvo on Jan 22, 2021 at 11:45 am
On a clear day, you may see wind turbines forever.
- One of the most biodiverse regions in the US is also its least protectedby Cameron Oglesby on Jan 22, 2021 at 11:30 am
The South’s biodiversity can be saved — if we can learn to value its natural resources the way we value those of the American West.
- She’s filming ‘the soul of Austin’ to save itby Eva Legge on Jan 22, 2021 at 10:40 am
Filmmaker Karen Kocher has devoted her craft to protecting Austin’s beloved Barton Springs.
- Reconstructing 6.5 Million Years of Western Mediterranean Sea Levelsby Earth Institute on Jan 21, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Researchers have reconstructed past sea levels in the western Mediterranean in new detail by sampling coastal cave formations.