- Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii
The chariot was found on the grounds of what is one of the most significant ancient villas in the area around Vesuvius, with a panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. on the outskirts of the ancient Roman city.
- They dream of reaching America. Their forced service in Iran’s Revolutionary Guard locks them out.
The Trump administration designated the IRGC as terrorists. Its ranks are filled with military conscripts.
- Official: 42 abducted from Nigerian school 2 weeks ago freed
Several large groups of armed men operate in Zamfara state, described by the government as bandits, and are known to kidnap for money and to push for the release of their members from jail.
- After dissident vanishes in Canada, Saudi exiles fear they are now in jeopardy
Ahmed Abdullah al-Harbi resurfaced weeks later in Saudi Arabia after telling other activists he’d revealed their names to Saudi authorities.
- Pakistan expert: Religiosity aiding spike in militancy
Militant attacks are on the rise in Pakistan amid a growing religiosity that has brought greater intolerance, prompting one expert to voice concern the country could be overwhelmed by religious extremism
- FAQ: What Biden did — and didn’t do — after U.S. report on Khashoggi’s killing by Saudi agents
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Friday that the U.S. will not impose any direct punishment on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- Inside Russia’s mass arrests: Claims of beatings, threats and ‘war’ against rights monitors
More than 11,000 people were arrested during protests for jailed opposition leader Alexei Navalny. Their stories are starting to emerge.
- Experts notice pandemic’s mental health toll on German youth
Psychiatrists, psychologists and pediatricians in Germany have voiced growing alarm that school closings and social distancing are magnifying the fear, disruption and stress of the coronavirus pandemic for the country’s 13.7 million children and teenagers
- Libya media authority: Journalist detained after PM presser
Authorities in western Libya say they have detained a local journalist after he attended a news conference for the country’s newly appointed prime minister in the capital of Tripoli
- The end of Cold War thinking
On the 75th anniversary of a defining Cold War moment, does the U.S. need to devise a strategy of "containment" for China?
- Lebanon begins cleaning beaches after oil spill
Volunteers in southern Lebanon begin removing tar from beaches after oil spill that could endanger marine life.
- Falling testing numbers cause concern; Johnson & Johnson vaccine expected to be authorized. Latest COVID-19 updates
The U.S. was expected to authorize a third coronavirus vaccine, by Johnson & Johnson, as soon as Saturday. Latest COVID-19 updates.
- Pompeo defends record in CPAC speech
Former U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended his record in office Saturday as he addressed activists at the Conservative Political Action Conference. (Feb. 27)
- Black woman to take command of oldest federal law enforcement agency for the first time in 230 years
Pamela Smith is set to take command of the U.S. Park Police as its chief. She is the first Black woman to hold the position.
- Libya parliament to discuss new unity gov’t lineup on March 8
Speaker Aguila Saleh says session on confidence vote will take place in Sirte if participants' safety guaranteed.
- How is extreme poverty being measured in China?
President Xi Jinping declares victory over destitution, but critics question poverty bar and project sustainability.
- Archeologists unearth intact ancient Roman chariot near Pompeii
Italian officials call the discovery of the four-wheeled carriage made of iron, bronze and tin 'exceptional'.
- At Black History Event, Harris Champions COVID-19 Bill For Its Aid To Black Americans
The vice president touted how President Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package would benefit Black Americans hit disproportionately hard by the coronavirus.
- Ukraine activists rally against corruption
Demonstrators rallied in Kyiv on Saturday against the jailing of Ukrainian right-wing activist Serhiy Sternenko earlier this week.
- Daniel Prude died and it was ruled a homicide. So why isn't it a crime?
Attorney General Letitia James suggested the maze of state law governing use of force is tilted toward police officers.
- Arrests made after hundreds gather for anti-lockdown protests in Dublin
Police have arrested a number people after hundreds of anti-lockdown protesters gathered in Dublin.
- Russian trials show Sputnik V vaccine performs well against COVID variants
Russia's Sputnik V vaccine has produced strong results against new COVID-19 mutations in recent trials, researchers claim.
- Navalny's wife among thousands marking anniversary of Putin critic's murder
The wife of jailed Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny has joined thousands of people in commemorating the anniversary of fellow Putin critic Boris Nemtsov's murder.
- Myanmar's UN ambassador fired after making salute in support of anti-coup protests
Myanmar's ambassador to the UN has been fired a day after making a three-fingered salute in support of anti-coup protests - as he called on nations to use "any means necessary" to reverse the military takeover.
- Auckland faces seven-day lockdown after COVID case detected
New Zealand's prime minister has announced the country's biggest city, Auckland, will go into a seven-day lockdown after a COVID-19 case was detected.
- Over 850 cows stuck on pariah ship facing slaughter after bluetongue fears
More than 850 cows that have spent two months at sea on a ship crossing the Mediterranean are facing slaughter, following a report from Spanish vets.
- After US airstrikes in Syria, Biden warns Iran of consequences for supporting militia groups
American airstrikes in Syria show that Iran can expect consequences for supporting militia groups threatening US interests and personnel, Joe Biden has warned.
- Gunmen release 27 teenage boys who were kidnapped from boarding school in Nigeria
Pupils kidnapped from a boarding school in Nigeria alongside members of their family and teachers have been released, an official has confirmed.
- 'They killed so many': 24 hours of mass executions and unspeakable violence, as told by witnesses
Axum is a historical city - an ancient site of pilgrimage in the Ethiopian region of Tigray.
- Joe Biden to hold Saudi Arabia 'accountable for human rights abuses' after Khashoggi report
Joe Biden has told Saudi Arabia's King Salman that he will "hold them accountable for human rights abuses".
- Justice League Snyder Cut: Brand New Clip!
I know it's been a super long time since we've reported anything on Justice League: The Snyder Cut (kidding), but have no fear! Today we have a brand new clip from the upcoming HBO Max spectacle. Simply cast your eyes up top for your viewing plealsure. Okay, I wouldn't consider this clip much of a spoiler at all. For me actually, it's more of a head scratcher. I'm not sure why we are getting these stone-carved monuments of the League. It seems like… Read More...
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (The Best Movie You Never Saw)
Welcome back to The Best Movie You Never Saw! This week, we’re taking a look at a cult classic comedy that I’d wager many of you haven’t seen in its best form. The movie I’m talking about is Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, starring John C. Reilly! A hilarious send-up of over-the-top Hollywood biopics, the film was a box office flop but picked up a cult following in the years since. However, many have still only seen the ninety-minute theatrical cut, which… Read More...
- Awesome Art We've Found Around The Net: Jaws, Mortal Kombat, Terminator
Some cliche somewhere said that 'a picture is worth a thousand words.' This has proven to be the case for me and especially when it comes to fan art. I have always sought out great fan art and have wanted to share it with as many people as possible. "Awesome Art We've Found Around The Net" is the outlet for that passion. In this column, I will… Read More...
- Better Call Saul's final season likely delayed to 2022
The fifth season of Better Call Saul concluded last April, but owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was assumed that the sixth and final season of the series would be delayed. Well, it seems that's exactly what's happening as AMC Networks chief Josh Sapan revealed as much during an AMC earnings call this morning. "We still have some shifting around due… Read More...
- Uncharted: Tom Holland worries he made a mistake with his performance
It's taken over a decade to get a big-screen adaptation of the Uncharted video-game franchise off the ground, and during that time, we've seen a revolving door of directors attached to the project, including David O. Russell, Neil Burger, Seth Gordon, Shawn Levy, Dan Trachtenberg, and Travis Knight, but production finally got underway last year with Ruben Fleischer… Read More...
- Source Code writer to pen parallel universes movie for Netflix
Although Duncan Jones' Source Code didn't quite pack the same punch for me as his first feature-film (Moon) did, I still enjoy it quite a lot. With its tightly-wound time-loop plot and highly-enjoyable performances from Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan, there's a lot to like, which is why THR's report about Source Code screenwriter Ben Ripley's… Read More...
- Terminator anime series in development for Netflix
There have been three attempts at relaunching the Terminator franchise, with Terminator: Salvation, Terminator: Genisys, and Terminator: Dark Fate all intended to kick off a brand-new trilogy, but each of those films unfortunately failed to get the ball rolling. It might seem to some that it would be a good idea to let the franchise rest a spell, but it you can't keep… Read More...
- Cobra Kai: Season 4 production officially ready to show no mercy
Fall in, students of Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang Karate. Season 4 of Cobra Kai is officially underway, and it's not about to show you any mercy. The start of production on Season 4 brings more exciting news for fans of the Karate Kid spin-off series, with word that Vanessa Rubio and Peyton List have been upped to series regulars for the upcoming season. Additionally,… Read More...