- ‘Final warning’ for Pakistan cricketers in New Zealand
The chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board has warned players on tour in New Zealand to obey COVID-19 protocols or the whole team risks being sent home
- EU parliament backs lobster deal and EU-US mini trade pact
The European Union parliament has approved a mini trade deal with the United States, which includes the elimination of customs duties on U.S. lobster imports
- To Russia’s Putin, President-elect Biden is still a ‘candidate’
In the meantime, Putin had made a point of noting America’s political divides.
- Ethiopian leader says assault on rebel bastion in Tigray ready to begin
Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed warned civilians in Mekele to “disarm, stay at home and stay away.”
- Burkina Faso president Roch Marc Christian Kabore re-elected
Roch Marc Christian Kabore will serve another five years as Burkina Faso’s president, according to provisional results announced by the National Independent Electoral Commission
- Russia’s vaccine volunteers swap stories — and antibody readings — as amateur researchers
Nearly 1,500 people have joined an online group to dig into the Sputnik V trials, and sort the doses from the placebos.
- Battered by back-to-back hurricanes, Honduras braces for a long recovery
Weeks after the one-two punch of Eta and Iota, tens of thousands remain displaced. The impoverished country is appealing to the international community.
- It was never easy being an interfaith couple in India. Now some states are making it harder.
Four Indian states are contemplating new laws to thwart such unions.
- Sex crime ringleader who blackmailed dozens of women is jailed for 40 years in South Korea
Cho Ju-bin coerced young women into sharing explicit videos of themselves, then sold the footage online to a huge audience for large sums of money.
- Iran releases British Australian academic in prisoner swap
Kylie Moore-Gilbert was jailed two years ago on charges she strongly denied.
- 'Admirable and heartbreaking': Louisiana nurse dies saving her paraplegic patient from house fire
Authorities continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding a house fire in Delhi where a woman died saving her patient.
- UN agency for Palestinians runs out of money for first time
UNRWA received lowest level of contributions since 2012, at a time when pandemic is exacerbating the needs of refugees.
- Loujain Al-Hathloul: Saudi Arabia Transfers Activist's Trial To Terrorism Court
The activist's sister tells NPR her parents "saw a very weak, tired, exhausted Loujain" at her court appearance: "They said that her body was shaking, that she could barely hold the papers."
- ‘The greatest’: Thousands of Argentinians say goodbye to Maradona
Fans queue in Buenos Aires to pay last respects to Diego Maradona, a national icon who died on Wednesday.
- AstraZeneca says its COVID-19 vaccine needs ‘additional study’
UK drug company says that while further research is needed, it did not expect it to delay regulatory approval in Europe.
- Virus means empty streets for Macy's NY parade
Despite the pandemic, the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York went on. But there were no crowds of onlookers. (Nov. 26)
- Court reduces sentence for Quebec City mosque attacker
The attacker who killed six Muslim men at a mosque in 2017 can apply for parole in 25 years, Quebec appeals court rules.
- French court rejects delay for Sarkozy corruption trial
Nicolas Sarkozy and two other defendants have been ordered to appear in person for hearings that begin on Monday.
- Coronavirus updates: Thanksgiving NFL games reduced; millions travel; US misses 8 virus cases for every 1 counted, CDC says
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade marches on, but the balloons are distancing. New CDC report says the US misses 8 virus cases for every one counted.
- Should the death penalty be abolished worldwide?
The US allows more methods for execution as 39 countries reject UN resolution on a moratorium.
- World's most expensive handbag - priced at £5.3m - is created to help 'save the oceans'
The world's most expensive handbag has been created to help raise awareness of ocean pollution.
- Thailand's $1bn ketamine bust turns out to be cleaning agent
Thailand's claim to have seized almost $1bn in ketamine was a "misunderstanding", the country's justice minister has said.
- Six Pakistan cricket players test positive for COVID-19 in New Zealand
Six Pakistan cricket players have tested positive for COVID-19 while on tour in New Zealand.
- Ethiopia's army begins 'final offensive' against rebel forces in Tigray capital
Ethiopia's prime minister has said the army is moving in on the capital of the northern Tigray region after his 72-hour ultimatum for rebel leaders to lay down their arms expired.
- Trump pardons former aide who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI
Donald Trump has pardoned his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI during an investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
- Iran releases British-Australian academic in prisoner exchange
Iran has released a British-Australian academic it had accused of spying in exchange for three Iranians being held abroad, according to the country's state TV.
- 'Find some comfort in the hands of God': Lineker leads tributes to football legend Maradona
Tributes are pouring in for the legendary footballer Diego Maradona, who has died at the age of 60.
- Three days of national mourning in Argentina for footballer Diego Maradona
Argentina's president has said there will be three days of national mourning following the death of the country's most famous footballer.
- No hugs or kisses and a warning to St Nick - how Europe is spending Christmas
Accounting for a quarter of the world's coronavirus cases and deaths, it was inevitable Europe would be having a much more muted Christmas this year.
- Seven die as migrant boat capsizes off coast of Lanzarote
At least seven people have died after a migrant boat carrying more than 30 people hit rocks close to a port in Lanzarote.
- JoBlo: from movie fan to film critic to movie producer...
ARCADE DREAMS Kickstarter campaign RIGHT HERE! I thought I’d take this opportunity with Thanksgiving taking place in the USA, to look back at my professional life thus far and be grateful for everything I’ve received to this point and share some of my story with others, in the hopes that it possibly inspires some of you in regards to your own goals. When I was completing… Read More...
- Steve Carell, John Travolta & Samuel L. Jackson re-team in new Christmas ads
UPDATE: It looks like Capital One is also getting in on the movie-star/Santa gravy train, with John Travolta playing Santa in a 30 sec ad that re-teams him with former PULP FICTION co-star Samuel L. Jackson. Cute. Kinda. Hot on the heels of their 2019 holiday campaign, which memorably saw Henry Thomas's Elliot reunite with E.T: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, the folks at XFinity are at it again, with another Holiday short film. All things considered, 2020 has been a...let's… Read More...
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine - The UnPopular Opinion
Welcome back to The UnPopular Opinion! The UnPopular Opinion features different takes on films that either I hated, but that the majority of film fans loved or vice versa. We have always hoped this column will promote constructive and geek fueled discussion. Now, with us entering the visual world, you can get pissed off in a whole new medium. Each episode is written and narrated by yours truly and masterfully edited by Matthew Hacunda. It is Thanksgiving… Read More...
- Joss Whedon exits HBO's The Nevers
Joss Whedon's return to television will have to wait a little longer as it's been announced that the writer/director has departed The Nevers, HBO's upcoming sci-fi/drama series that has been in development for several years. The series will center around a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission… Read More...
- Godzilla vs. Kong could be heading to a streaming service
If you haven't noticed, we're living through some strange times at the moment. In terms of the entertainment industry, COVID-19 has forced studios to make some major changes with how they release movies. Over the past few months, we've seen studios drop more than a few films on streaming services that were once destined for theaters, and that's not likely… Read More...
- Tokyo Vice: Michael Mann's HBO Max series resumes production
Michael Mann's last directorial outing arrived five years ago with BLACKHAT, a thriller starring Chris Hemsworth, and fans have eagerly been awaiting the director's next project ever since. It was announced late last year that Mann would be executive producing and directing the pilot for Tokyo Vice, an HBO Max crime series based on Jake Adelstein's non-fiction… Read More...
- The Mandalorian: Carl Weathers teases Moff Gideon's souped-up stormtroopers
SPOILERS for The Mandalorian. Although Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito) has been pursuing Baby Yoda since the very beginning of The Mandalorian, audiences haven't been entirely sure why, but the latest episode of the STAR WARS series has certainly shed a little light on Moff Gideon's intentions. [SEEMORE] The latest episode of The Mandalorian, titled… Read More...
- Fantastic Beasts 3: Mads Mikkelsen is officially replacing Johnny Depp
It was revealed earlier this month that Warner Bros. had asked Johnny Depp to resign as Gellert Grindelwald in FANTASTIC BEASTS 3. "I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros. from my role as Grindelwald in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ and I have respected and agreed to that request," wrote Depp in an Instagram post. Warner Bros.… Read More...