State to state, city to city, neighbor to neighbor. Only the latest US News from Syndicated World News will keep you updated. Our content is updated every 30 minutes to make sure you have the freshest information at your fingertips before, during, and when your day is over. Reliable unbiased information.
- Fauci says he worried Trump’s disinfectant comment would make people ‘start doing dangerous and foolish things’on Jan 26, 2021 at 3:05 am
• Fauci and Birx tell interviewers about the ‘nonsense’ of the Trump years • Dr. Fauci discusses threats against wife and children • Biden reinstates Covid-related travel restrictions lifted by Trump
- Here’s the aid that’s coming from Washington — and what might be coming soonon Jan 25, 2021 at 8:15 pm
• Covid-19 masks: Which mask is best for you, and when to use it • Biden raises the bar on vaccines and suggests US will get to 1.5 million a day
- The President tells CNN Trump’s Senate trial ‘has to happen,’ while acknowledging it could affect his agendaon Jan 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
President Joe Biden on Monday offered his most extensive comments since taking office on President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial, telling CNN “I think it has to happen.”
- Analysis: Impeachment trial renews trauma of the Trump yearson Jan 26, 2021 at 3:33 am
Five days into America’s restored political normality, the stark delivery of an article of impeachment against former President Donald Trump to the Senate was a flashback to the horror of the Capitol insurrection and the trauma of the last four years.
- The countdown to Trump’s impeachment trial startson Jan 25, 2021 at 11:33 pm
- Analysis: Trump’s impeachment case is now in the Senate’s hands. Here’s what’s nexton Jan 26, 2021 at 1:01 am
The House voted to impeach President Donald Trump on January 14, but waited until Monday to complete the next step in the process — having House managers read the single article of impeachment aloud on the House floor and then walking it over to the Senate.
- Watch House deliver Trump impeachment article to Senateon Jan 26, 2021 at 12:33 am
One article of impeachment against former President Trump for “incitement of insurrection” is delivered to the Senate, formally triggering the start of his second impeachment trial.
- Trump begins speaking with impeachment lawyer, even as he scrambles to build defense teamon Jan 26, 2021 at 3:27 am
Former President Donald Trump is still working to assemble a full legal team for his Senate impeachment trial, people familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday, even as he has begun to craft a defense strategy with Butch Bowers, the South Carolina lawyer who has agreed to represent him in the historic proceedings.
- Opinion: Could Trump derail his impeachment trial?on Jan 26, 2021 at 3:58 am
Once again, Donald Trump has thrown the legal and political system into uncharted waters. This time, the novel question is this: Can the US Senate try and convict a former president? While there is some disagreement among legal scholars, the answer must be yes, both as a matter of law and common sense.
- Keilar points out Sen. Rubio’s hypocrisy on accountabilityon Jan 25, 2021 at 8:10 pm
CNN’s Brianna Keilar reports on how members of the GOP flip flop when it comes to holding political figures accountable, saying they choose to do whatever is politically expedient despite claiming to be the party of law and order.
- Opinion: Why the Trump impeachment trial is crucialon Jan 26, 2021 at 1:09 am
How does a country recover from four years of virulent acrimony? The urgent need to heal America’s divisions, to “end this uncivil war,” stood at the center of President Joe Biden’s stirring inaugural speech. He implored Americans to “open our souls instead of hardening our hearts.”
- DOJ watchdog investigates possible attempt to overturn electionon Jan 25, 2021 at 8:42 pm
The Justice Department’s internal watchdog will investigate whether any department official sought to have the department overturn President Joe Biden’s election win.
- John Roberts ducks the spotlight by skipping the second Trump impeachment trialon Jan 26, 2021 at 3:32 am
Chief Justice John Roberts has long been a student of history, but this is one part of history — presiding at the second trial of Donald Trump — he can do without.
- McConnell allows Senate power-sharing deal to advance after fight with Democrats over filibusteron Jan 26, 2021 at 3:38 am
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Monday that he will allow the 50-50 Senate to officially organize so Democrats can take control of key committees in the chamber after a weeklong battle with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer over the rights of the minority to stall legislation.
- Why SCOTUS didn’t want to hear the Trump emoluments caseson Jan 26, 2021 at 1:24 am
Early in the Trump administration, a novel dispute arose concerning whether the President had violated the Constitution by illegally profiting from his business ventures while in public office.
- Here are the executive orders Biden has signedon Jan 25, 2021 at 7:04 pm
- Janet Yellen is confirmed as the first female Treasury secretary in US historyon Jan 25, 2021 at 11:26 pm
Lawmakers confirmed Janet Yellen as Treasury secretary on Monday, making her the first woman in American history to hold the position.