Commerce drives the world. Check here for the latest in business news. Reliable Unbiased Information from SNS World News
Business News Latest headlines for business news around the world.
- PGA Tour star Jon Rahm signs on to join Saudi-backed LIV Golfon Dec 8, 2023 at 12:26 am
Jon Rahm, the defending Masters champion, signed on Thursday to leave the PGA Tour for Saudi-backed LIV Golf.
- Lululemon shares fall as retailer gives tepid holiday outlook despite strong start to shopping seasonon Dec 7, 2023 at 11:02 pm
Lululemon struck a positive tone about the holiday shopping season on Thursday, but its fourth-quarter guidance came in light of expectations.
- Retail lobby group’s retraction of key crime claim shows how hard it is to track thefton Dec 7, 2023 at 8:03 pm
The National Retail Federation walked back a claim that organized retail crime accounted for nearly half of all shrink losses because the data point was flawed.
- Ferrari’s $400,000 Purosangue is a dream to drive. Just don’t call it an SUVon Dec 7, 2023 at 7:55 pm
The Purosangue, its name meaning “pure blood” or “thoroughbred” in Italian, comes with a 7.5 liter, V-12 engine.
- Biden administration asserts power to seize drug patents in move to slash high priceson Dec 7, 2023 at 7:37 pm
The Biden administration unveiled a new framework outlining the factors federal agencies should consider in determining whether to use march-in rights.
- McDonald’s to open first CosMc’s spinoff restaurant this weekon Dec 7, 2023 at 7:37 pm
The burger chain is positioning CosMc’s as a fast, convenient way to grab a pick-me-up snack or coffee.
- Facing fines, cluttered aisles and late-night mockery, Dollar General’s returning CEO tries to drive a turnaroundon Dec 7, 2023 at 7:16 pm
The retailer said it will put more workers in the front of the stores, slow down store openings and step up efforts to keep merchandise in stock.
- 2023 was the least affordable homebuying year in at least 11 years, Redfin sayson Dec 7, 2023 at 6:37 pm
California metro regions ranked as the least-affordable areas, while Midwest metros were the most affordable, Redfin said in a new report.
- AbbVie to acquire neuroscience drugmaker Cerevel Therapeutics for $8.7 billionon Dec 7, 2023 at 4:00 pm
The deal is AbbVie’s latest attempt to expand its drug pipeline as its top-selling treatments, such as Humira, face generic competition.
- U.S. poised to approve first gene-editing treatment in breakthrough for sickle cell patientson Dec 7, 2023 at 2:14 pm
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expected to approve exa-cel for sickle cell disease in what would become the first marketed medicine to use CRISPR.
- ‘Wonka,’ ‘The Color Purple’ and ‘Aquaman’: Warner Bros. releases dominate Decemberon Dec 7, 2023 at 1:00 pm
The last weeks of the 2023 box office will be dominated by Warner Bros. as it brings “Wonka,” “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” and “The Color Purple” to theaters.
- Wall Street CEOs try to convince senators that new capital rules will hurt Americans as well as bankson Dec 7, 2023 at 12:03 pm
The heads of America’s largest banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Goldman Sachs are seeking to dull the impact of the new rules.
- McDonald’s aims to open nearly 9,000 restaurants, add 100 million loyalty members by 2027on Dec 6, 2023 at 9:51 pm
After 2024, McDonald’s is targeting systemwide sales growth of 2.5% in constant currency.
- Disney+ adding Hulu integration as streaming bundles accelerateon Dec 6, 2023 at 8:51 pm
Disney had previously offered a bundle of Disney+ and Hulu, but Wednesday’s release is part of a push to integrate the two platforms.
- Walmart CEO says consumers may not be as resilient next year, even as deflation starts to showon Dec 6, 2023 at 4:59 pm
In a CNBC interview, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said the discounter is gearing up for a year when it faces tougher comparisons because of falling prices.
- Walmart’s hiring and wage pressures have eased, CEO sayson Dec 6, 2023 at 4:49 pm
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon also said artificial intelligence is changing employees’ roles across stores and in warehouses.
- Women’s sports, NFL’s Swift bump and Messi helped define a big year in ticket sales, StubHub sayson Dec 6, 2023 at 2:00 pm
StubHub is out with its Live Experiences Report which outlines some of the biggest influences in ticket sales for 2023.
- Mortgage refinance demand jumps 14% as rates fall to lowest point since Auguston Dec 6, 2023 at 12:45 pm
After hitting 8% in October, the rate for the popular 30-year mortgage is heading back down toward 7%.
- CVS to change how it prices prescription drugs with new pharmacy reimbursement modelon Dec 5, 2023 at 9:04 pm
CVS’s new effort aims to do away with a complex model that typically determines how much pharmacies get reimbursed and how much patients pay for medications.
- Activist investor urges Disney to add Trian’s Nelson Peltz to its boardon Dec 5, 2023 at 9:02 pm
Activist investor Ancora wants Trian’s Nelson Peltz to join Disney’s board.