Commerce drives the world. Check here for the latest in business news. Reliable Unbiased Information from SNS World News
Business News Latest headlines for business news around the world.
- AirAsia expects to resume flying to most routes by the end of 2021, CEO Tony Fernandes sayson Jan 26, 2021 at 4:20 am
AirAsia reported a fifth straight quarterly loss in November and is in the process of raising funds through loans and investors.
- Advisor to Japanese prime minister names 4 conditions for the Tokyo Olympics to go onon Jan 26, 2021 at 4:20 am
Speculation was reignited after U.K. newspaper the Times reported the Japanese government had privately concluded that the Games would have to be cancelled.
- People will likely need additional Covid vaccinations or booster shots amid outbreak of new strains, ex-Obama official sayson Jan 26, 2021 at 4:07 am
Dr. Kavita Patel explains why people will likely need additional Covid vaccinations or booster shots amid outbreak of new strains.
- Exploring reparations for Black Americans is ‘necessary,’ says NAACP presidenton Jan 26, 2021 at 1:30 am
NAACP President Derrick Johnson explains what actions he’d like to see the Biden administration take during its early days, including reparations.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wants sports stars to promote Covid-19 vaccinationson Jan 26, 2021 at 12:05 am
The former Los Angeles Lakers great joined CNBC’s “Closing Bell” to support NBA stars spreading awareness to get vaccinated.
- Minnesota confirms first known U.S. case of more contagious Covid variant originally found in Brazilon Jan 25, 2021 at 11:41 pm
The patient with the Brazil variant is a resident of the Twin Cities metro area who recently traveled to Brazil, according to state health officials.
- President Joe Biden targets 1.5 million Covid vaccinations a day, up from 1 millionon Jan 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last week, President Joe Biden dismissed the idea that the goal of 100 million vaccinations in 100 days might be too low of a threshold.
- Biden says Covid relief talks with Congress could take ‘a couple of weeks’on Jan 25, 2021 at 11:16 pm
President Biden said he may not know for weeks whether he will be able to strike a coronavirus relief deal with Republicans.
- Biden plans to replace government fleet with electric vehicleson Jan 25, 2021 at 11:06 pm
The government is a major purchaser of vehicles. However, replacing such a fleet with EVs assembled domestically will be costly and take time.
- Belk reportedly nears a deal to file for bankruptcy, give lenders an equity stakeon Jan 25, 2021 at 11:05 pm
Department stores have struggled to adapt to the changing market during the pandemic as more shoppers shift purchases online and head to malls less frequently.
- California lifts statewide Covid stay-at-home order, allowing restaurants to reopenon Jan 25, 2021 at 10:32 pm
The California Department of Public Health said Monday that the state’s stay-at-home order will be lifted for every region beginning immediately.
- The NBA’s private equity plan is in motion and it’s betting on the allure of sports ownershipon Jan 25, 2021 at 9:04 pm
The NBA is banking on private equity investment to bring it financial optionality, and it could lead to foreign investors down the line.
- Biden bans most non-U.S. citizens from South Africa, extends Europe, UK and Brazil restrictions to curb Covidon Jan 25, 2021 at 8:53 pm
Biden bans entry of most non-U.S. citizens from South Africa and extends restrictions on most non-U.S. citizen travel from the U.K., much of Europe and Brazil.
- Restaurants push for more access to Covid vaccine, but unlikely to force workers to receive iton Jan 25, 2021 at 8:26 pm
The National Restaurant Association requested priority for those who work in foodservice after first responders and the most vulnerable.
- WarnerMedia reportedly planning Harry Potter TV series for HBO Maxon Jan 25, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Executives of the WarnerMedia-backed streaming service are reportedly in talks to bring the Harry Potter franchise to television on HBO Max.
- Cramer sees small investors ganging up online against Wall Street hedge funds as a new paradigmon Jan 25, 2021 at 6:58 pm
The power of the internet is bringing individual investors together to crush hedge funds that are short GameStop, Bed Bath & Beyond and AMC.
- Pfizer board member Gottlieb defends change to ship fewer Covid vaccine vials to account for extra doseson Jan 25, 2021 at 6:21 pm
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, who sits on Pfizer’s board, defended its move to count six doses of its Covid vaccine per vial, instead of five.
- Chipotle will air its first Super Bowl ad touting the farmers who supply its foodon Jan 25, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Chipotle Mexican Grill will run its first-ever Super Bowl ad this year to highlight the farming practices of its suppliers.
- As support for $15 minimum wage gains momentum, Main Street fears it’s not the right timeon Jan 25, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Biden’s plans would more than double the current federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, which has not moved since 2009.
- Budweiser will sit out Super Bowl, funneling marketing dollars to boost vaccine awarenesson Jan 25, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Budweiser will not be running a commercial during the Super Bowl for the first time in 37 years.